Be part of a committed conservative team dedicated to removing government barriers to allow citizens to succeed and prosper.
As Editor, you will be responsible for the organization’s newspaper by maintaining the online version and producing a monthly statewide print edition. You will also have daily responsibility editing articles for organization website as needed. You will also edit and assemble other print products such as annual reports, event material etc.
Your skills: Detail oriented; ability to work in a team environment; self-starter who looks to create opportunities where none exist; technically proficient; consistently meet deadlines; like to win people over to your side of the argument.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or other related discipline or at least three years of copyediting and print publication production experience. A combination of work experience and education is also acceptable. Experience does not have to be in the academic or non-profit field.
Current Editor Job Description:
- Edit all work product: Review blog posts, article drafts, promotional materials and other items for grammar and style, correcting factual errors or asking for clarification, adding content or suggestions to make product more effective, while also suggesting ways writers can reach their audiences more effectively.
- Design and create print edition of monthly newspaper: Compile story ideas; plan content; work with staff on assembling content; write and edit stories; work with graphics expert on design and layout of paper; prepare paper and oversee printing and billing.
- Write articles and blog posts: Keep tabs on news events, political and social trends; write articles and blog posts commenting on them while advancing a conservative position and narrative and attracting readers.
- Create weekly e-newsletter, occasionally create and send out other targeted emails as necessary.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in Civitas, why you are qualified for this role, and your salary requirements
Please include “Editor, Civitas– Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.