The Government Justice Center (GJC) seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to oversee and execute the vision of the GJC and run litigation in courts throughout New York and at the federal level. This position will work closely with the GJC’s Board of Directors.
The Government Justice Center is an independent not-for-profit organization that protects taxpayers from government waste, fraud, misappropriation and other improper actions.
We believe our government functions best when held to the highest standards of transparency and accountability, and that government should follow the same laws to which private citizens are held. We work to make sure New Yorkers get the transparency and due process they deserve and are entitled to.
- Finding, vetting, creating legal strategy for and representing GJC clients in and out of court
- Serving as chief spokesperson for GJC and working with communications team to publicize and promote the Center
- Overseeing and assisting with fundraising efforts to support the operations and work of the GJC
- Working closely with partner organizations
- Providing overall leadership of the GJC’s operations and strategic vision
Skills and Requirements:
- Admitted to the New York bar or willing to become admitted
- 3+ years of litigation experience preferred
- Knowledge of and interest in the public policy issues on which the Government Justice Center will focus
- Exceptionally strong writing ability, including the ability to turn out clear, clean and concise copy on tight deadlines
- An affinity with the Government Justice Center’s approach to protecting New Yorkers from improper government actions
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- candidate background
- interest in the position and the mission of GJC
- a compelling case for why the applicant would excel in this position
- salary requirements
- Two concise writing samples
Please include “Executive Director & General Counsel, GJC – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon, executive director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. GJC is an equal-opportunity employer. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.