Pacific Legal Foundation—the nation’s first and most successful pro-liberty public interest law firm dedicated to vindicating the rights fundamental to a free society—seeks a seasoned, entrepreneurial, optimistic, and energetic individual to join our fundraising team as a Development Relations Officer. PLF is setting the stage for a strategic expansion and this position provides an opportunity for the successful candidate to play a key role on a team that will increase PLF’s national visibility and prominence.
A national nonprofit organization, PLF is headquartered in Sacramento, California, and has regional offices in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida; Arlington, Virginia; and Bellevue, Washington. The successful candidate may choose to be located in one of those offices or work virtually from home, as the position requires regular travel (approximately 60%) around the country.
The Donor Relations Officer is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of an assigned portfolio of current and prospective major gift donors, with the goal of raising significant financial support for PLF’s programs and initiatives. The position requires someone with superior verbal and written communication skills; a strong listener adept at cultivating relationships with high-level donors; and a highly organized, persistent, and disciplined self-starter.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned major gift donors/prospects.
- Secure new, renewed, or increased contributions from assigned donors through direct, personalized solicitation.
- Provide periodic personalized updates to assigned donors on the use and impact of their gifts.
- Serve as each assigned donor’s primary point of contact at PLF.
- Work closely with the Development Researcher to identify potential new major gift prospects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-10 years of professional fundraising experience, including a proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and closing major gifts.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the importance of protecting individuals from unconstitutional government intrusion.
- Willingness to travel frequently, approximately 60%.
- Previous work at a pro-liberty organization and experience with Raiser’s Edge are a definite plus.
We offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits, and retirement plan. PLF has a collaborative and collegial work environment. We take pride in investing in the future of our talent and encouraging internal advancement. PLF is the place for someone principled, tenacious, and determined to succeed in positively shaping the future of our country and restoring real limits on government power.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file title:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/the mission of the organization and your salary requirements
Please include “Donor Relations Officer, PLF – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.