The Academy is a not-for-profit corporation that supports scholarly research and teaching about the authors and ideas of free markets, entrepreneurship, individual rights, individual responsibility, limited government and peace. The Academy and the programs it supports have experienced significant growth and the opportunity exists for an entrepreneurial Donor Relations Specialist to lead the growth of the organization’s fundraising to a new level. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic person to help build a leading national educational program with significant potential for personal and professional growth.
- Cultivation of major donors and prospects
- Extensive personal interaction with major donors in person and on the phone
- Developing and executing vision and strategy for the organization’s fundraising with emphasis on direct personal outreach to donors
- Arranging meetings for the president and board members with appropriate donor prospects
- Leverage extensive relationships among officers, directors and donors to build donor network
- Position reports directly to the president and will have opportunity for close working relationship with nationally recognized fundraising professionals.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in a fundraising role in the nonprofit sector or similar position
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial approach to goals and objectives with little required oversight
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to understand, embrace and communicate the Academy’s mission
- Eagerness to reach out to donors and donor partners to build development operation
- Exceptional benefits package
- Salary and Title commensurate with experience
- Flexible and casual work environment
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this unique opportunity and your salary requirements
Materials should be emailed to Claire Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.