The Associate Development Officer will work in coordination with the Institute’s president, with an emphasis placed on major gifts management and solicitation. Qualified candidates must have a passionate commitment to fundraising and will have the skills and experience required to meet the Institute’s fundraising goals.
This position is one that allows for growth and personal development. Fundraising experience is not a prerequisite, but self-motivation, a willingness to learn and lead and a record of achievements are.
NPRI is a non-partisan, non-profit think tank that promotes policy ideas consistent with the principles of limited government, individual liberty and free markets. Recognized as the leading free-market voice in Nevada, NPRI’s primary areas of focus are education, fiscal and labor policy, with the goal of advancing free-market principles in each. Additionally, NPRI operates the Center for Justice and Constitutional Litigation, TransparentNevada.com, TransparentCalifornia.com, National Employee Freedom Week and Nevada Journal. NPRI has offices in Las Vegas and Reno. The Associate Development Officer will be based in Las Vegas and must be willing to travel to Reno, rural Nevada and California when necessary.
- On behalf of NPRI’s president, solicit and secure major gift meetings with individuals, foundations and corporations
- Solicit and secure low- and mid-level gifts
- Identify and research donor prospects
- Cultivate new donors and build relationships with current donors
- Work with NPRI’s leadership team to build and implement a viable fundraising strategy
- Coordinate and track direct-mail program
- Coordinate special events
- Write foundation proposals as needed
An ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 2-4+ years’ experience in development or a related field with a history of increasing donor/client investments
- A strong passion for raising funds to promote the principles of individual rights, free markets and limited government
- Willingness to make the “ask”
- Strong writing ability
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and adjust strategies on an ongoing basis
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A positive attitude and eagerness to work as a member of a team
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Résumé with a focus on a candidate’s measurable accomplishments
- Cover letter detailing:
- Interest in the position, including passionate commitment to the mission of NPRI
- A compelling case for why the applicant would excel at NPRI
- Salary requirements
- Writing sample. A fundraising-related example is preferred but not required.
Please include “Associate Development Officer, NPRI – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.