State Policy Network (SPN) is adding to its marketing communications capabilities and seeking a Director of Strategic Communications who will develop and implement marketing communications strategies to build brand awareness of SPN and the state think tank network.
The Director of Strategic Communications reports to the Vice President of Communications. SPN is headquartered in Arlington, VA and provides a virtual work environment for employees to work from their home offices around the country.
- Work with members of the Communications, Policy, and Leadership Development Teams to help state think tanks develop and implement issue campaigns
- Design and implement marketing communications strategies that help to elevate positive brand awareness for SPN and the state think tank network
- Work with state think tanks to identify, document, and share best practices across the state think tank network
- Develop and implement media relations strategies that support branding and positioning of SPN and the state think tanks as well as other strategic initiatives
- Coordinate interactions between SPN and members of the media including providing media and messaging training
- Assist with crisis management
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and public relations
- Proven track record of designing and implementing successful marketing communications strategies
- Working knowledge of state and local media markets
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Experience in state policy environment and knowledge of current state policy issues
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Self-starter with an ability to thrive in a virtual office environment
- Able to travel and a commitment to help state think tanks around the U.S. develop strategic communications capabilities (30-50% travel)
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/the mission of SPN and your salary requirements
Please include “Director of Strategic Communications, SPN – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.