The Commonwealth Foundation is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, CF transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish.
Our research and advocacy have led to lower taxes on working Pennsylvanians, greater transparency in state government spending and contracts, criminal justice reform that reduced both prison population and crime, and increased educational options for thousands of students.
Our work is driven by our core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity,
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure, and
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems.
CF has seen exponential growth over the past decade, with 30% annual growth in total revenue while increasing our number of investors to more than 1,400 from across Pennsylvania and the nation. We see great opportunity to take our message to more entrepreneurs and key influencers and turn Pennsylvania into a freer, more prosperous state.
We are looking for an experienced leader to add to our Entrepreneur Engagement team and continue—or increase—this level of growth. The position reports to the VP.
The Director will be based in our Harrisburg office or work remotely from Central PA. Expected travel: 70% (mostly in and around central Pennsylvania, including Harrisburg and Lancaster metro areas). An understanding of Central Pennsylvania culture is important to this role.
- Building and nurturing long-term relationships with a portfolio of key investors, prospective donors and other influencers, primarily in the region of focus, in partnership with the entrepreneur engagement team.
- Meet with investors regularly, involving other members of the entrepreneur engagement team and officials of allied organizations as needed.
- Lead and facilitate events for investors.
- Identify and contact high-capacity, high-affinity prospective relationships, and turn them into engaged partners.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Identifying and coordinating opportunities for investors and prospective investors to participate more fully in the work of CF and its partner groups.
- Working seamlessly and graciously with colleagues.
- Fostering, at all times, an organizational culture that upholds CF’s Values.
- 5+ years of experience, including significant experience in fundraising, sales, or related role.
- Share a commitment to the free-market principles of CF.
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Monthly stipend for health care, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology.
- Matching SIMPLE IRA plan.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements
- Brief writing sample
Please include “Director, CF – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.