Mountain States Legal Foundation seeks a digital communications manager for immediate hire. MSLF is poised for significant expansion. A key to our expansion plan is communicating our mission and values—telling the compelling stories of our clients through every means possible to help Americans understand how and why our litigation changes people’s lives. This digital communications manager will become a critical part of MSLF’s team and should possess the passion, commitment, and strategic vision needed to drive our mission to new heights.
The digital communications manager will enhance MSLF’s digital communication efforts, focusing on building an engaged community across social media, the MSLF website, email communications, and the media with creative and compelling content. This position is an excellent opportunity for an up-and-coming, entrepreneurial and liberty-minded individual who wants to engage directly with the operations and efforts of an active and growing public interest legal foundation. The ideal candidate will be mission-oriented, flexible, proactive, positive, and possess a high degree of personal accountability. This position will report to MSLF’s operations manager, and work in collaboration with MSLF’s communications and development staff.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Draft press releases, advisories, talking points, blog content, and other written products that advance the goals of the organization through increased and more effective external communications.
- Contribute to a media database for key reporters, editors, producers, and other important contacts, making sure existing network of media contacts at national and local levels for both print and broadcast are maintained.
- Contribute to MSLF’s social media goals by executing a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Design and execute campaigns across various social channels—including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.—crafting platform-specific copy in MSLF’s voice and tone.
- Curate content and help inform the content strategy by relentlessly consuming news, court activity, and policy research that coincides with MSLF’s legal activity.
- Coordinate with our web staff to optimize MSLF’s website and associated campaigns, manage execution of organic search strategies, perform regular site audits, keyword research, optimize onsite content and report SEO performance.
- Mine data and analytics to gain a better understanding of the impact of marketing strategies on user behavior.
- Collaborate in preparing fundraising and marketing materials and grant applications.
- Work with development staff to improve messaging to donors through direct mail, e-mail communications, and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or journalism preferred
- 2+ years experience in non-profit or political digital communications
- A strategic mindset and clear focus on execution and results
- Attention to detail and a creative mind
- Strong writing skills to prepare clear, concise, and effective correspondence, reports and other documents on tight deadlines
- Understanding of social networks including design, functionality, metrics and users
- Experience managing projects and the ability to juggle multiple high-priority projects at once
- Experience with public relations and earned media campaigns preferred
- Knowledge of Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics and other measurement tools and a knowledge of principles of SEO
- Strong graphic design skills
- Familiarity with HTML and all social media platforms and a willingness to learn web-based platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy with the ability to develop and maintain cooperative and successful working relationships with volunteers, staff and supporters.
- An appreciation and passion for individual liberty and economic freedom
Salary range: Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health and dental benefits, vacation and sick days, a retirement plan, plus more.
How To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing:
- your salary requirements
- why you are interested in the position, MSLF’s mission, and how your experience and background will ensure success
- your interest in relocating to Denver metro area
- Writing sample
- References are appreciated but not required
Please include “Digital Communications Manager, MSLF – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
About Mountain States Legal Foundation: MSLF is a nonprofit, public interest legal foundation dedicated to individual liberty, the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, and the free enterprise system. We offer competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.