What is the Role?
FGA works with state leaders across the nation to advance positive health care and welfare reforms, and to stop policies that grow the welfare state at the expense of families and taxpayers. In just the past two years, 25 states have implemented FGA model reforms that will result in 3.4 million people escaping the welfare trap over the next three years.
FGA is seeking a seasoned digital marketing professional who thrives on understanding how to effectively locate key audiences and use digital tools to engage them with FGA’s vision and solutions. This individual should be curious, a good problem-solver, enjoy the process of learning by testing, and have extensive experience using tools such as MailChimp, Salesforce, Facebook advertising, and Google Adwords to identify and engage very distinct audiences in a rapid marketing cycle. They should have Google Adwords certification, and a working knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Illustrator.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Marketing and will get to work with a world-class team of results-oriented policy experts and content creators.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Building profiles of FGA’s key audiences, and creating strategies to effectively find and engage each key profile
- Managing the marketing email system including list building, testing, targeting, and building connections between SalesForce and other external systems
- Creating and managing Google non-profit and general advertising, targeting, and SEO
- Facebook advertising to key audiences by project and geographic location
- Using data-targeting and digital outreach to drive attendance to FGA’s signature events
- Graphic design and minor video editing
- As needed web support and management
The successful candidate will have a strong (at least 4 years of experience) track record of:
- Succeeding in a fast-paced, changing, and demanding environment
- Getting details right while keeping a complex project moving
- Working well with peers to achieve a goal
- Being self-motivated, able to work independently and juggle competing priorities
- Successfully identifying, finding and engaging key audiences
Compensation will reflect experience and capacity.
Launched in June 2011, FGA is a dynamic and fast-growing free-market think tank headquartered in sunny Naples, Florida, and is known for its world-class team of policy experts, innovative marketing, rapid growth, and innovative policy solutions.
The organization’s founder and CEO is Tarren Bragdon, former head of the Maine Heritage Policy Center and a former member of the Maine legislature. Tarren is a renowned expert on health care policy, and under his leadership, the FGA team has led the fight against ObamaCare’s Medicaid expansion in the states. But his vision also extends to a transformation of our welfare system, with the goal of disrupting the cycle of dependency that takes away hope from generations of Americans.
If you become a part of FGA, you will be joining a flexible, lean, fast-paced organization that expects much from you, but will ensure you are working in your areas of greatest strength, and have the freedom to iterate new approaches to achieving the organization’s goals. While many policy organizations focus on a myriad of issues, FGA’s narrow focus on a few issues and its absolute dedication to in-depth planning and message development will create incredible clarity for you. This laser focus and intense preparation greatly increases the organization’s ability to accomplish big goals. And the results are good. FGA has grown at a breakneck pace since its launch five years ago, and now is one of the largest free market state-focused think tanks.
Who Should Apply?
The successful applicant for this position will be someone who is passionate about advancing
free market ideas, has demonstrated success in targeted digital outreach, takes initiative where they see opportunities, and can balance multiple complex projects at once in a fast -paced environment.
If you’re interested in this role, ask yourself the following questions:
• Do you have a strong belief that a free market economic system is the best possible way to relieve poverty and give people the opportunity for a better life?
• Do you believe government has a minimal role to play in providing a welfare safety net for the poor?
• Do you believe government more often hurts or gets in the way of job creators and those wanting to work?
• Do you think embracing the realities of politics is essential to advancing good public policy ideas?
• Do you wish you could spend lots of time testing messages and perfecting them before delivering them?
• Does it motivate you to be held to a very high standard of measurable, real-world results achieved?
• Are you ok with making mistakes in order to learn?
• Are you often the person in the room who asks the uncomfortable question that everyone is thinking?
• Do you like having lots of freedom to decide where and how you work?• Do you tend to be the one who initiates conversations with colleagues, rather than waiting for them to come to you?
If you answered yes to all these questions and are looking for the opportunity make a lasting impact, then you should apply for this role.
Timing, Location & Compensation
FGA is seeking to fill this position no later than the end of February. Many of FGA’s staff work remotely, therefore the location for this position is flexible, although the organization’s schedule is often based on Eastern and Central time zones. FGA offers salary and benefits that are very competitive, including a health benefit and generous paid leave plan.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for the FGA culture, why you want to work with us, and what kind of value you would bring to the FGA team. Specific examples of your track record of successful digital outreach would be appreciated. Please also include your salary requirements and your availability for travel.
Please include “Digital Outreach Director, FGA – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon, executive director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.