Becket is seeking a creative individual as a digital strategist in its Washington D.C. office to engage and build audiences and increase brand awareness using necessary tools such as social media, website, and email in line with communications goals.
Becket is a non-partisan, non-profit law firm that defends the religious liberty of all faiths. In the past five years, Becket has won multiple high-profile cases around the country, such as Singh v. Carter, which ended a 30 year ban on Sikhs wearing religiously mandated beards and turbans, as well as four Supreme Court cases, including a Muslim prisoner’s right to grow a half-inch beard in Holt v. Hobbs, the Little Sisters of the Poor, and Hosanna Tabor, which the Wall Street Journal called, “the most important religious liberty case in half a century.”
The digital strategist will take an active role in telling the stories of our clients. All applicants should have a demonstrated commitment to the defense of religious liberty for all. The digital strategist will join Becket’s communications team and will lead every part of the digital communications process. The ideal candidate will be someone with 2+ years of digital strategy experience and a desire to grow their skills. Starting compensation is commensurate with experience.
The responsibilities include:
- Think creatively to develop communications efforts including campaigns, enewsletters, social media, and websites to support Becket’s outreach and client’s needs.
- Analyze web traffic metrics and work with the team to boost web presence and searchability.
- Monitor SEO/SEM, marketing and sales performance metrics to forecast trends.
- Monitor daily media mentions of Becket and our clients in the news and on social media.
- Works with the team to maintain an up-to-date website including homepages, case pages and microsites.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or relevant field or 2-year equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable experience with SEO/SEM and CRM software
- Experience implementing and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Solid knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Expert in social media platforms and monitoring software (ex. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and WordPress preferable
- DSLR Photography experience, graphic design and html experience not required but preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and familiarity with AP Style
This is a Washington, D.C.-based, full-time, salaried position.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file title:
- Cover letter detailing:
- your salary requirements
- why you are interested in the position, the organization’s mission, and how your experience and background will ensure success
- your availability to start
- Please be sure to include in your resume links to social campaigns, writings, and other examples that demonstrate your work.
Please include “Digital, Becket – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in a) one PDF document with b) your name in the file title to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.