The Daily Caller News Foundation (TheDCNF), a non-profit news organization focused on investigative reporting, policy reporting and journalist training, is seeking a Development Officer. The Officer will be in charge of financial growth with a special emphasis on cultivating and growing a pool of individual donors to compliment TheDCNF’s existing base of grant support.
The officer will be a member of TheDNCF’s core leadership team, working closely with founders Neil Patel, Editor in Chief Christopher Bedford, and the larger development team. The officer also influences major decisions for the fast growing enterprise.
Responsibilities will be dictated by experience. Experienced candidates will be expected to take the lead in significant donor relations, while candidates building their development experience will focus largely on grant writing, deadlines, identification and other behind-the-scenes work until rock-star status is confirmed.
Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience. The Development Officer will report to TheDCNF President Neil Patel. The Development Officer will be based in TheDCNF’s Washington, DC office.
- Develop and implement a strategy to encourage new or increased contributions
- Engage donors through in-person meetings, telephone, email, and written correspondence
- Implement a direct-mailing campaign
- Implement an email marketing campaign
- Create monthly and yearly updates for donors
- Establish a presence for The Daily Caller News Foundation in the conservative non-profit arena
- Estimated travel: 0-40%, depending on the candidate
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising preferred (less experienced candidates who have the drive to be successful will also be considered)
- Proven track record in donor relations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proven relationship-building skills
- Experience with direct mail and email marketing campaigns
- Interest in and alignment with TheDCNF’s mission
- Experience in a public policy or journalism setting preferred
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/the mission of TheDCNF and your salary requirements
Please include “Development Officer, DCNF– Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.