In just a few short years, the Idaho Freedom Foundation has become the state’s leading voice for public policies that improve people’s lives and hold politicians accountable. Thi
s is your chance to get in on the ground floor of a successful, growing organization that is a leader in the free market movement, as well as live, work and play in a state known for its breathtaking beauty and quality of life.
The Director of Development is a member of the leadership team at the Idaho Freedom Foundation. The Director is charged with leading our efforts to build long-term relationships with our existing donors, encourage them to sustain and increase their support of our organization, and to identify new supporters who will help grow the organization and advance its mission.
The Director of Development reports to the President.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and build on our relationships with current and prospective donors, with focus on those donors with high net-worth, giving potential and capacity
- Create daily and weekly “call lists” for the President that allows for the maximization of resources with the potential for high-yield fundraising results
- Participate in team discussions to focus resources where they will have maximum impact on our fundraising efforts
- Solicit gifts from existing and prospective individual and corporate donors
- Work collaboratively with the organization’s policy and communications teams to leverage high-impact fundraising results
- Directly and in conjunction with support staff, maintain donor database, track all donor contacts, donations, pledges and other interactions
- Create a 1, 3 and 5 year strategy for developing the major gifts program to include events, direct mail, house mail, and electronic solicitations
- Work with board members on their contribution to our development goals
- Develop other fundraising opportunities for the organization, such as a planned-giving program, that benefit the long-term growth of the organization
Qualifications & Requirements
- Three to seven years of successful experience in development
- A proven track record of success, including exceeding revenue goals and maintaining solid relationships with donors
- Must be passionate about the Idaho Freedom Foundation and its principles, including the benefit of economic opportunity through free markets, strategies that lower tax and regulatory burden, and the benefit of a marketplace with limited government interference
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Must be able and willing to travel extensively
- Must be willing to work independently and in groups, and to be accountable to him/herself and to others based on ability, reliability and attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
2. Cover letter detailing: a) your sincere interest in this position and the mission of the organization, b) your salary requirements, c) writing samples that demonstrate your abilities in this unique field
Materials should be emailed to Claire Kittle, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.