The Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to play a vital role in the organizations fundraising efforts.
- Manage a portfolio of primary prospects including all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contact with current and potential major gift supporters
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies (home visits, correspondence, event participation, etc.)
- Move supporters in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Provide high level of quality stewardship after the gift
- Report the status and progress of an assigned list of supporters
- Ensure that a comprehensive and informative visit report is filed right away for all donor contacts
- Work with CBLPI President and staff to ensure supporter events reach maximum financial potential for CBLPI
- Strengthen the organizations planned giving efforts
- Write grant proposals as needed
- Ability to travel at least 25%
- Strong commitment and enthusiasm for CBLPI’s mission to prepare and promote conservative women leaders
- A minimum of three years of experience with individual donor, foundation, and/or corporate development
- Demonstrated success in writing proposals and raising major gifts of $10,000 or more in face-to-face visits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, treat information confidentially, and work well under pressure
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software is a plus
- Desire to stay with the same organization for a significant amount of time (5+ years)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
The Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute’s mission is to prepare young women for effective leadership and promote leading conservative women. The Luce Headquarters is located in Herndon, Virginia.
Qualified candidates should submit the following materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing salary history and expectations and an explanation of the applicant’s philosophical interest in the mission of the organization
- List of references
Email materials to Claire Kittle, executive director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.