The Commonwealth Foundation is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, CF transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish.
Our research and advocacy have led to lower taxes on working Pennsylvanians, greater transparency in state government spending and contracts, criminal justice reform that reduced both prison population and crime, and increased educational options for thousands of students.
Our work is driven by our core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity,
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure, and
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems.
CF has seen exponential growth over the past decade, with 30% annual growth in total revenue while increasing our number of investors to more than 1,300 from across Pennsylvania and the nation. We see great opportunity to take our message to more entrepreneurs and key influencers and turn Pennsylvania into a freer, more prosperous state.
We are looking for an experienced leader to add to our Entrepreneur Engagement team and continue—or increase—this level of growth. The position will based in our Pittsburgh office and will report to the Vice President.
Expected travel: 70% (mostly in and around the Pittsburgh area).
- Being a key leader on an entrepreneur engagement team with the goal of creating the best development/advancement team in the free-market movement.
- Building and nurturing long-term relationships with a portfolio of key investors, primarily in Western Pennsylvania.
- Identifying and coordinating opportunities for investors and prospective investors to participate more fully in the work of CF and its partner groups.
- Meet with investors regularly, involving other members of the entrepreneur engagement team and officials of allied organizations as needed.
- Lead and facilitate events for investors.
- Help craft CF’s investor narrative, and share the most up-to-date information and inspiring messages with investors.
- Playing a leadership role in stewarding the culture of the organization as a whole, as outlined in CF’s Values.
- 5 or more years of experience in fundraising, sales, or related role.
- At least 3 years in a management position preferred.
- Share a commitment to the free-market principles of CF.
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Monthly stipend for health care, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology.
- Matching SIMPLE IRA plan.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements
- Brief writing sample
Please include “Director of Entrepreneur Engagement – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon, executive director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.