Based in Chicago, the Liberty Justice Center works closely with the Illinois Policy Institute to protect economic liberty, private property rights, free speech and other fundamental rights in Illinois and beyond. The Center pursues its goals through strategic, precedent-setting litigation.
The Liberty Justice Center seeks an entrepreneurial, experienced fundraiser to scale our development efforts, growing both revenue and our base of support.
- Work with senior leadership to develop and execute the organization’s fundraising strategy
- Grow a major gift program, including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors from across the country
- Meet regularly with current and potential investors
- Reviewing and/or writing donor communications and collateral
- Oversee foundation relationships, including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements
- 5 or more years of fundraising or similar relevant experience
- Proficiency in the donor / client cultivation and solicitation cycle
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust strategies and tactics quickly in response to new information
- Strong commitment to personal responsibility and free enterprise
- Willingness to travel
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your salary requirements and how your experience and background will ensure success in the position
- Writing sample
Please include “Director of Development, LJC – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.