Led by Chairman John Tillman and President Chris Krug, the Franklin Center will continue its mission to produce public interest journalism in order to advance transparency, accountability and fiscal responsibility in state and local government. The Center will build on its impressive record of high-impact journalism that has led to investigations, regulatory reforms, legislative overhauls, firings and resignations.
The Director of Development’s responsibilities include:
- Work with senior leadership to develop and execute the organization’s fundraising strategy
- Grow the major gift program, including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors from across the country
- Meet regularly with current and potential investors
- Oversee foundation relationships, including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements
- Oversee direct mail and email fundraising campaign
- 5 or more years of fundraising or similar relevant experience
- Proficiency in the donor/client cultivation and solicitation cycle
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust strategies and tactics quickly in response to new information
- Strong commitment to government transparency, personal responsibility and free enterprise
- Willingness to travel
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing:
- your salary requirements
- why you are interested in the position and how your experience and background will ensure success
- your preference for being located in the Chicago, IL office or a virtual office
- Writing sample
Please include “Development, Franklin – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.