Right on Crime is the nation’s foremost authority for conservative ideas on criminal justice, featuring prominent conservative leaders who advocate policies that reduce crime, lower costs, and empower victims. Right On Crime’s policy team has testified before multiple legislatures and Congressional committees, and its policy recommendations have been adopted by multiple states. Conservative governors, legislative leaders, and members of Congress regularly call on Right on Crime for counsel and support.
Right on Crime is an initiative of the Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF), a research institute in Austin, Texas committed to defending liberty, personal responsibility, and free enterprise in Texas. Preferred location for this position is Austin, TX, however, candidates located in DC will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This position serves as the day-to-day manager of all campaign activities, tracking progress towards objectives, keeping team members focused on producing deliverables, and leading meetings. The position coordinates internal and external communications, liaising with high-profile stakeholders, supporters, and the media to build and maintain a coalition of supporters and generate a national and state-by-state dialogue that positions Right on Crime as a leading authority for conservative criminal justice solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Implement a disciplined outreach campaign to maintain contact with conservative leaders who have signed Right on Crime’s Statement of Principles (known as signatories) and other key stakeholders, keeping them informed of progress and opportunities to engage
- Coordinate a strategic outreach campaign to recruit new signatories
- Develop and implement proactive and reactive strategies that advance Right on Crime principles and the Right on Crime brand through published research, earned and paid media, multimedia, online, events, and word of mouth strategies that leverage and promote signatories, allies, and TPPF’s policy staff
- Work with the team to monitor online discussions and media attention, providing rapid response when necessary to protect or advance the Right on Crime policy agenda, brand, and mission
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, including media
- Manage consultant and vendor contracts as necessary
- Draft and edit policy, commentary, creative and other content, managing the approval process
- Schedule and organize press conferences, speaker panels, and other events
- Minimum five years’ experience in public affairs, public relations, or political campaign management
- Proven capabilities in project management
- Experience developing, executing and tracking media relations, online and word of mouth strategies
- Experience placing online paid media, working with creative preferred
- Experience overseeing consultant and vendor contracts preferred
- Experience working in a high-profile environment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated support of free market principles
- A willingness and availability to work long hours and weekends when necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel programs
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, a mention of which location you prefer, and your salary requirements
- Brief writing sample
Please include “Comms, TPPF – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.