Strata recognizes that to achieve more prosperous and free societies, we must first do as F. A. Hayek suggested by affecting a change in the climate of ideas. Strata is devoted to talent development by creating curriculum and programs that offer real mentorship in the principles of liberty and free-markets. Strata cultivates students academically through scholarly research and analysis on a variety of public policy issues. Our research focuses on critical current topics where findings are published and disseminated to influence and inform policy makers, citizens and civic leaders. Students participate in workshops that teach both career skills as well as theoretical reasoning. This apprenticeship prepares future decision makers and business leaders to play a critical part in advancing the ideas of freedom. Strata engages a broader network across the country to collaborate with and share our ongoing research and curriculum development to achieve greater societal impact.
Managing a small team of communications associates and interns, the Director of Communications is responsible for all aspects of Strata’s communications team including publications, brand management, public relations, social media, and video production. The Director of Communication also assists with grant writing and reporting.
The successful candidate will possess enthusiasm for and knowledge of free market environmentalism, energy policy, and higher education; strong writing, editing, and communication skills; and the ability to translate academic research into a compelling message for non-academic audiences. The Communications Director is also responsible for creating opportunities for media outreach and has primary responsibility for preparing analysts and executives for those interactions.
The Director of Outreach reports to the CEO and Executive Team.
- 5-8 years of experience, including significant experience in communications
- Enthusiasm for free market environmentalism and energy environment
- Basic understanding of ongoing research
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Capacity to serve as a Strata spokesperson in front of a wide range of audiences
- Ability to independently make decisions that reflect Strata’s vision/strategy
- Develop and manage relationships with a network of individuals and organizations
- Oversee strategy to reach quantifiable targets such as media circulation, web traffic, and video views.
- Ability to communicate with donors and write grants and reports
- Ability to engage in student development and mentoring with student associates.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your sincere interest in this position and the mission of the organization, and b) your salary requirements
- A writing sample that illustrates your ability to take a complex subject and make it digestible for the masses
- An example of work in the communications area that illustrates your abilities to succeed in the responsibilities listed above.
Materials should be emailed to Claire Dixon, executive director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search, email@example.com. All materials should be sent in one PDF file.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.