The nation’s leading defender of the Constitution, private property, and individual rights is seeking an experienced attorney to join its legal team. If you are dedicated to the principles of freedom and liberty, come join the tenacious litigators at Pacific Legal Foundation. PLF maintains offices in Sacramento, California; Palm Beach Gardens, Florida; Bellevue, Washington; and Arlington, Virginia. The successful candidate for this position may choose any of these locations.
PLF attorneys identify and litigate important legal issues to set precedent that will benefit Americans nationwide. Using strategic and principled litigation, communications, and research, PLF attorneys battle for freedom in the nation’s courts and the court of public opinion.
The Attorney will take the lead responsibility for trial court work – including drafting complaints, conducting discovery, moving for summary judgment – and handling appeals. Our attorneys also engage in outreach to the legal community, publicize our cases, and participate in all facets of the Foundation’s work. We are looking for an attorney who is enthusiastic, energetic, and committed to working hard for a great cause.
- 3+ years of experience
- JD and admission to the bar in the state where you will reside (if not already a member, the candidate must become licensed in that state within 12 months of being hired if necessary under that state’s rules of court).
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Familiarity with trial court motion practice and proceedings, as well as appellate litigation
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and committed to working hard for a great cause
- Ability to effectively engage in outreach with the legal community, citizens, and the media; strong communication skills
- Strong desire to promote the principles of free enterprise, private property, limited government, and liberty
This is a full-time, permanent position. We offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits, and retirement plan. PLF has a collaborative and collegial work environment. We take pride in investing in the future of our talent and encouraging internal advancement. PLF is the place for someone principled, positive, and determined to succeed in establishing a rule of law under which every person is secure in their inalienable rights to live responsibly and productively in pursuit of happiness.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in the position and PLF’s work, your salary requirements, the location where you would like to work, and whether you are licensed to practice law in that state.
Please include “Attorney, PLF– Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.