The Hertog Foundation is seeking an Associate Director for Educational Programs to help the Foundation manage its current ventures and expand its work in educating young leaders in the areas of American politics, national security, and public policy. Please visit our website www.HertogFoundation.org to learn more about our fellowships and programs.
The Foundation offers an intellectually stimulating environment in which to work, with the opportunity to meet a cohort of talented young people and to learn from prominent men and women in public life. The Associate Director for Educational Programs will be based in our Washington, DC office and will work across all of the Foundation’s different programs.
The job has three primary tasks:
- Selecting and maintaining relationships with fellows – Assist in recruitment, interviewing, and selection of fellows to participate in Foundation programs. Cultivate and manage an alumni network and help implement distinctive alumni programming.
- Curriculum/program development – Work in close collaboration with our Managing Director and President to assist in program development, including the creation of new courses and building out of existing offerings.
- Logistical coordination – Oversee the daily management and functioning of Foundation programs. Support faculty in course development. Evaluate and assess current programs. Help build out Hertog’s web presence.
- 3-5+ years of experience in public policy or academic institutions is desirable
- Proven program management experience
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in American politics, political philosophy, and current policy debates
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to relate well to student groups and young professionals
- Willingness to work irregular hours as program/course offerings require
- Strong detail-orientation
- Commitment to the educational goals of the Hertog Foundation
Salary dependent on experience, benefits included.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- A cover letter detailing
- Your interest in/passion for the Foundation’s mission
- A brief overview of your program management experience
- Your salary requirements
Please include “Associate Director, Hertog – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.