The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is a global, non-profit leader in the mission to introduce young “newcomers” to the economic, legal, and ethical principles of a free society. FEE produces student seminars, free online courses, classroom resources, innovative video media, and engaging content, all available at FEE.org.
FEE is a dynamic, fast-growing, and innovative organization with a high-energy, enthusiastic, collaborative work environment based in midtown Atlanta. For individuals interested in opening the minds of young people to free-market ideas, FEE is a fulfilling and exciting place to work.
About the Position
FEE is seeking to fill the position of Annual Giving Manager, a new position at FEE that will manage a portfolio of major donors and also assist with the management of FEE’s annual fund, donor-focused digital marketing, and the donor experience at FEEcon.
This role will report directly to FEE’s Director of Development, and will work closely with FEE’s marketing team, FEEcon coordinator, senior staff, and a development consultant.
The Annual Giving Manager will be a critical component to the continued expansion and success of FEE’s fundraising program, which has seen revenue grow by an average of 30% for three consecutive years.
Specific duties include the following, much of which is completed in collaboration with the Development Director, development consultant, and various FEE departments:
- Major Gifts
- Manage a portfolio of active, lapsed, and prospective major donors.
- Manage all aspects of the gift cycle for assigned donors.
- Develop and implement appropriate cultivation strategies for assigned donors.
- Meet with donors over the phone, at conferences, and in one-on-one meetings.
- Work collaboratively with other development staff to understand FEE’s donors, craft solicitation pitch, design gift cycle strategy, and plan regional events.
- Coordinate and attend meetings that include FEE President (or other senior staff) with major donors, prospects, and foundation representatives.
- Represent FEE at conferences, seminars, and other events.
- Annual Fund
- Work with FEE’s development consulting firm to plan and implement annual direct mail strategy.
- Oversee the execution of—and bring increased innovation to—FEE’s donation thank you process and donor recognition efforts.
- Coordinate with FEE’s marketing team on digital marketing efforts related to donors, such as FEE.org pop-ups, year-end email campaigns, social media fundraising, and more.
- Direct the quarterly production of FEE’s Notes from FEE newsletter.
- Assist with development of FEE’s annual report.
Location and Travel
The Annual Giving Manager will be based in FEE’s midtown Atlanta office. Truly exceptional candidates may be considered for virtual/remote work.
The Annual Giving Manager will be expected to travel at least 50 percent of the time, in addition to traveling to FEE’s Atlanta office once every 1 to 2 months.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant experience. However, FEE will consider candidates with less experience who are eager to learn and have exceptional organizational and project management skills.
FEE has a small, dedicated development team, so the successful candidate will be flexible and ready to “pitch in” with any development-related work. The ideal candidate can successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, has a high degree of personal initiative, is meticulous in his/her work, possesses superb organizational skills, and has excellent writing skills.
Ultimately, the Annual Giving Manager must possess a strong passion for FEE’s mission and an unwavering commitment to free-market economics and individual liberty.
The salary for the Annual Giving Manager salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FEE also offers competitive benefits, including: health, dental, and vision insurance; term life insurance; disability insurance; a very generous healthcare reimbursement program; up to 4% salary match toward 401(k) account; and, paid and compensatory time-off.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your full name in the file name:
- Cover letter (include salary requirements and location preference)
- Relevant writing sample
Please include “Annual Giving Manager, FEE–[Your Name]” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.