America’s Future Foundation (AFF) provides a nurturing, supportive community for ambitious young professionals that share the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and individual freedom. We believe positive change starts at the local level, and we are dedicated to serving like-minded people as they advance their careers and lead our country and economy into the future. Through a robust network of chapters across the country, and a growing roster of high quality leadership development offerings, AFF provides the network, job experience, and principled ideas you need to grow your career and ascend to new heights.
AFF seeks an ambitious, energetic Associate Director of Development who will help America’s Future Foundation sustain and grow its efforts across the country. AFF is a million dollar organization, with plans to continue that upward trajectory by achieving 20% budget growth each year. We’re hoping to better engage existing supporters and identify future partners who will help AFF grow and achieve greater impact. The successful applicant will join a lean team of passionate, service-oriented colleagues dedicated to championing the ideas of freedom among younger generations across the country.
AFF works with a talented roster of consultants to complement its in house work. This position would be expected to maintain the development operations of AFF, while seeking outside support as needed.
- Identify, research, and cultivate prospective supporters of AFF’s mission
- Work closely with executive director to identify key strategic opportunities, moves, and tactics to reach AFF’s revenue goals
- Oversee mail campaigns
- Develop communication materials (for digital and print)
- Draft foundation LOI’s and proposals and shepherd the foundation proposal process
- Develop regular, accurate, and informative reporting mechanisms to share with executive director and board
- Database management
- Incoming grant management
- Current and prospective donor research
- Organize donor visits
- Manage and maintain master development calendar
- Experiment with corporate and local business sponsorship
- Develop donor engagement opportunities to allow supporters to engage with and experience AFFs impact first hand
- Three years or more experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to draft researched, compelling, and persuasive written materials
- Passion for advancing the ideas of liberty
- Detail-oriented, and comfortable balancing competing projects and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable in social and professional environments
- Bachelor’s degree
America’s Future Foundation offers an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and flexible work environment, with a full benefits package. While AFF is headquartered in Washington, DC, our team is spread across the country. Preference will be given to candidates based in the DMV. Applicant must be available for limited travel (roughly 5 trips) throughout the year.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position/AFF’s mission and salary requirements
PDF applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions about the opening can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.